This post is sponsored by Acorn. My opinions are 100% honest and 100% mine.
It’s beginning to smell a lot like Christmas…
Know why? Because my house is decked out in Christmas tree scent. Since the beginning of November.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is the smells. I love the smell of a big holiday feast…or delicious cookies…or the sparkly Christmas tree. it’s just delightful. I have a thing for holiday scented air care products, and I simply cannot wait to put them to use. I am a fragrance junkie — and when the holiday scents start rolling in? I’m all over them.
I was pleasantly surprised to see some seriously awesome holiday air care scents at Walmart. There are so many to choose from — gingerbread jingle, vanilla latte, and spiced pear, to name just a few. I also discovered some new holiday scents (new to me, anyway) that sound absolutely yummy — like Mocha & Chestnuts, Hot Cocoa & Mint, and Toasted Almond.
Oh my goodness. Once I realized all I had to do was squeeze and I’d be treated to a Christmas tree smell, I was in heaven. Plus, a whole bunch of other air care products were Scratch and Sniff! Well, Scratch, Breathe, and Feel…but you get the idea. This type of technology turns the air care section into a treasure trove of holiday aromas. That’s heaven to my nostrils!
It never fails, though — no matter what, I always come back to the Christmas tree scents. Crisp Evergreen, Sparkling Spruce, Evergreen Adventure, and Frosted Pine? Yes, please.
The Christmas tree smell is, hands down, my favorite holiday scent. Little did I know there might be a scientific reason for that. According to Pamela Dalton, an olfactory scientist with Philadelphia’s Monell Chemical Senses Center, people associate warm and fuzzy feelings with the Christmas tree smell. The link between those emotions and the smell of Christmas trees likely stems from the fact that we generally only use conifer scents during the holidays. So, it’s probably not a coincidence that the Christmas tree tends to be at the center of many of my Christmas memories and traditions.
Imagine my surprise when an assortment of air care products arrived on my doorstep — and they had a Christmas tree theme!
Not only does the Christmas tree smell of pine evoke such heartwarming emotions, but it smells good. It leaves a fresh scent. It #SmellsClean, if you will. Heck, it’s no accident that pine scents can be found in cleaning and disinfecting products.
Real Christmas trees don’t work for everyone, however. Maybe someone has an allergy, or perhaps you’re living in a small space. Maybe your pets keep you from getting a real tree. Or, perhaps you simply prefer an artificial tree. There are lots of reasons people don’t have real Christmas trees in their home…but that doesn’t mean they should have to forego that delightful Christmas tree smell.
So how do you get that Christmas tree smell if you don’t have a real Christmas tree?
- You can use tree clippings in your holiday decor. Make a wreath, or incorporate them in decorations around your home. For instance, you can put tree branches in a festive vase (or any other container, for that matter) and decorate them with lights and small ornaments. You can also use tree clippings in a mantel display. Use your imagination!
- Use holiday potpourri. You can buy it in the store or make your own — and you can get all kinds of creative here. Add spices, oils, fruits, berries, you name it!
- Make your own Christmas tree spray. Put six drops of pine essential oil in one cup of water. Pour the mixture in a spray bottle. Spray around your Christmas tree — and anywhere else you’d like the fresh-cut Christmas tree smell.
- Diffuse pine essential oils around your home. You can also put a drop or two of pine essential oil on pinecones, and hang them or strategically place them throughout your tree.
- Bask in the warming scent of pine-scented air care products. You can use candles, sprays, wax melts, oil diffusers — there’s so much to choose from. I really indulge over the holidays; you can’t beat a relaxing scent that leaves your home smelling clean and nostalgic!