I was not compensated for writing this post. Sands Outlets at Bethlehem provided a promotional item to facilitate my review of European Body Concepts. My opinions are 100% honest and 100% mine.
Like many, I have always considered a spa day something of a luxury or indulgence. But is that really the case? Consider the health benefits of a spa day…
- A therapeutic massage can help soothe aches and pains, as well as help you relax and de-stress.
- A massage therapist can provide tips on how to relax and how to best keep your muscles relaxed, leading to less tightness and tension.
“Massage-hand-4” by Lubyanka – Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons.
- Massages can help with joint flexibility. Because they help break up the facia — which causes a lack of flexibility — in muscles, tendons, and connective tissues, massages can help with muscle tension and thickening.
- Increased relaxation and decreased stress can help improve your sleep. (That’s one of my favorite benefits of a spa day!)
- Treatments such as massage and heat therapies can help with circulation and blood pressure.
- A spa day can help energize you both mentally and physically. It can also boost your self-esteem.
- Foot treatments can also make you feel better; who knew that a simple foot scrub could invigorate you?
- Some spas offer detoxification therapies. Detoxing can help rid your body of toxins as well as help with water retention. Both will make you feel better physically, which will also make you feel better psychologically. And don’t forget about colon cleansing!
- Skin treatments like facials can make you feel — and look — younger.
- Exfoliation treatments are good for your skin — they promote cell regeneration and refine your pores.
For these reasons, I feel like my spa day at European Body Concepts was something of a medical treatment. I scheduled the “Midweek Magic Spa Day,” which meant I had a full afternoon in store. First up, a facial. My first one ever. It was amazing. And, considering I’m…43 — there, I said it — it’s about time I had a facial. It was so relaxing and refreshing. Score.
Next up, my massage, which included a foot and hand massage. This is when you want to fall asleep. Luckily, I didn’t wind up drooling on my pillow, because I had the best massage therapist (Carolyn, just in case she’s reading this) and we wound up chatting like old girlfriends. She was a real treat, let me tell you. If I go back (more like “when”), I’m definitely requesting her. The massage was a real treat as well. Score again.
Then, when I was done, I had the opportunity to shower to rinse the oil off me. Holy. Moly. This shower was like something out of “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” (I know, I’m dating myself). It was humungous with shower heads strategically placed all over the walls, with a massive showerhead in the ceiling. The shower was larger than my kitchen. I considered staying in there forever, in the hopes they’d forget about me. Pure heaven. I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera with me into the shower. Major score.
On my way back to the room to get dressed, I spotted this magical room. Unfortunately, this was not part of my spa day…but I sure wish it was. What the heck kind of magic goes on in there? I can only imagine. Maybe next time. I predict another score.
Next on the agenda, my manicure and pedicure. Now, you probably have an idea of what they’re like, but let me tell you, when they follow a massage, it’s just a whole new experience. Man oh man. Double score.
Following my nail treatments, it was time for my wash and blow-out, which was my first. I have a lot of hair, so it took a while to get it all straight, but WOW. It looked better than it has ever looked. Kudos to her. Simply amazing. Score again.
After my blow-out, she did a makeup application. Another wow. I was simply blown away. I’d never had makeup professionally applied and, I have to say, I looked like a different person. Seriously. Final score.
I walked into European Body Concepts with no makeup and my hair in a bun. Kind of a hot mess. I walked out feeling like a million bucks — and looking pretty close, too. Plus, I was loose as a goose, feeling like I was walking on a cloud. SO, I can tell you, the health benefits of a spa day? They’re real. And they’re magnificent.
I can’t ignore the other aspects of European Body Concepts, though. Everyone was absolutely delightful. They were polite and friendly and helpful, offering to get me beverages throughout the afternoon and asking me if I needed anything. They really treat you special. And the overall atmosphere — so peaceful and relaxing. The spa is decorated perfectly, and the lighting is just so, to give off a tranquil vibe. (It does!) And it’s sparkling clean. (That’s one of my persnickety things.) I love that everything sparkled. It just gave me peace of mind. I LOVE this place!
All this extravagance made me wonder why in the world I had never had a spa day before. One thing is for sure, I’ll be having more. It just feels SO good!
Just when I thought the Outlets at Sands Bethlehem couldn’t get better — after all, they have a hotel, casino, event center, and outlet shopping, not to mention their fab restaurants! — they wow me yet again.
And, they want to wow you, too! The good folks at the Outlets at Sands Bethlehem have offered one of my readers another amazing gift package:
- 1 European Body Concepts $100 Gift Card
- 1 Sands Bethlehem Umbrella
- 1 Sands Bethlehem Puzzle Box
- 1 Sands Bethlehem Eco Water Bottle
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents and ends July 3 at 11:59 p.m. EST.