I participated in an Ambassador Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Lay’s. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating in the Do Us A Flavor campaign.
You may have heard that Lay’s is hosting a contest for a new potato chip flavor. This year, entrants can choose from three different chip varieties — Lay’s Original, Lay’s Kettle Cooked, and Lay’s Wavy — for their flavor submission in the “Do Us A Flavor” contest. Judges (chefs, foodies, and flavor experts) will go through the contest submissions and narrow them down to four finalists. Those flavors will be produced by Lay’s, unveiled in summer 2014 and sold nationwide. Then, fans will vote for the flavor they want to see on store shelves. The creator of the winning flavor will win a $1 million grand prize (See Rules)! The Do Us A Flavor contest is open to U.S. residents.
What about you? Have an idea for a new Lay’s chip flavor? Get those entries in! All you have to do to enter the Do Us A Flavor contest is submit a flavor name, up to three ingredients, the chip style, and a brief description of the flavor. The contest ends April 5, 2014.
As I was growing up — and today — a whole lot centered around food. It always was an important aspect in our family life. We enjoy special dishes that we tend to make over and over again. Our special occasion dinner tends to be lasagna, which my mom painstakingly prepares. (Mine doesn’t even compare!) My specialties tend to lean toward appetizers and desserts, which we also have a deep appreciation for.
My go-to appetizer is not just super delicious, it’s super simple: Pepperoni Dip. That might partially due to the fact that we love pepperoni, in any shape or form. I started making Pepperoni Dip because I had some at a party. It was so good, it was hard to tear myself away…so I figured out how to make it and it’s been my most popular dish ever since. We enjoy it at every get-together, or anytime we have company. It’s so savory and creamy, you can’t stop at a few bites.
As you can see, you only need three ingredients (this is getting more appealing, isn’t it?):
- 1 package cream cheese (or neufchatel cheese, as I like to cut the calories and fat — no one notices a difference in the flavor)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (you can also use the lower-fat version, which I do — no one notices a difference in the flavor)
- 3 to 4 oz. of pepperoni slices (about half of the package shown in the picture)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Microwave cream cheese for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for additional 30 seconds. Stir until creamy.
- While you’re microwaving the cream cheese, cut the pepperoni slices into quarters. Of course, if you prefer smaller pieces (or larger ones), you can change that to your preference.
- Once the cream cheese is ready, scoop the soup right on top, as well as the pepperoni pieces and stir well, so that the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Cover with foil and pop in the oven.
- After about a half hour in the oven (as you can tell, I play fast and loose with the instructions), your delicious Pepperoni Dip will look like this…
You’ll want to stir this completely, making sure that the Pepperoni Dip is smooth and creamy and ready to eat! I always serve it with sliced baguette, but if your preference is crackers, that would also work. This dip works regardless of what you put it on!
This creamy, cheesy Pepperoni Dip would be a great chip flavor because the ingredients create a result that’s more than just a cheesy pepperoni flavor. It’s creamy and rich and the three ingredients perfectly complement each other. The only problem I can foresee is eating too many chips!
What about you? What would you submit as a new chip flavor in the Lay’s Do Us A Flavor contest?