I started watching The Office in Season 2 and have been a devoted fan ever since. One of my favorite aspects of the series is when Jim pranks Dwight, which happens a whole lot. I was able to catch a few of the last times when Jim pranks Dwight while watching The Office Season 9, which was provided to facilitate this post.
Jim Pranks Dwight: Honorable Mentions I couldn’t ignore…
Jim encases Dwight’s stapler in Jell-O; pilot episode, Season 1
Jim convinces Dwight that his only worthy opponent is himself, causing Dwight to fight himself; “Murder,” Season 6
Jim convinces Dwight it’s Friday, when it was actually Thursday (causing him to be late the following day); “Performance Review,” Season 2
Jim Pranks Dwight: The Top 10
10. Jim fools Dwight into believing he’s being recruited by the CIA, giving him a set of directions that ultimately leads to Dwight destroying his own cell phone; “A Benihana Christmas,” Season 3
9. Jim makes Dwight’s phone progressively heavier and heavier by placing nickels in the handset, then removes them, making Dwight smack himself in the face with the phone (we never actually see this — Dwight tells Michael that Jim did this to him, and Jim explains the prank to the camera); “Conflict Resolution,” Season 2
8. Jim trains Dwight to expect an Altoid every time he hears a computer chime, using Pavlov’s Theory; “Phyllis’ Wedding,” Season 3
7. Jim gift-wraps Dwight’s desk and chair — after replacing them with cardboard, causing the chair to collapse when Dwight tries to sit down; “Moroccan Christmas,” Season 5
6. Jim sends faxes to Dwight from “Future Dwight,” using Dwight’s own stationery (when Jim was working out of another office); “Branch Closing,” Season 3
5. Jim convinces Dwight that “gaydar” was an actual device used to detect homosexuals (at the end of the episode, Dwight opens a package containing a “gaydar” device, which promptly goes off when Dwight holds it near his own body); “Gay Witch Hunt,” Season 3
4. Jim puts Dwight’s belongings in the vending machine (then, to top it off, hands Dwight a bag of nickels so he can buy his stuff back); “Booze Cruise,” Season 2
3. Jim uses a stand-in (who happens to be Asian) while at the dentist in an attempt to convince Dwight that Jim has always been Asian (and Dwight never noticed)…the pictures on Jim’s desk feature the stand-in, who knows everything about Jim, including his passwords; “Andy’s Ancestry,” Season 9
2. Jim dresses up as Dwight and talks like Dwight; “Product Recall,” Season 3
1. Jim tells Dwight he can’t be his “Bestest Mensch” at Dwight’s wedding to Angela, claiming the “Bestest Mensch” has to be older than the groom…opening the door to the return of Michael for his final appearance; Series Finale, Season 9
Jim Pranks Dwight for the last time: The Office Season 9
You’ll be able to catch the final times that Jim pranks Dwight when you pick up a copy of Season 9 of The Office, available for purchase on September 3. The Office Season 9, the final season of the Emmy Award-winning series, begins with Andy back in charge before finding his true calling — Hollywood. This could finally put Dwight in charge of the office, as Jim is working hard at the job of his dreams, in Philadelphia (allowing for a surprise appearance by Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard). Erin struggles with her personal life while Nellie gets involved in everyone’s personal lives, and Angela finds out that her dream marriage to “the senator” isn’t quite a dream come true.
And finally, the documentary that has been filming for eight seasons is released — and everyone learns that nothing was off-limits, meaning that all their secrets and dirty laundry are out in the open, as well as all the times that Jim pranks Dwight.
The Office Season 9 (from Universal Studios Home Entertainment) features all 23 final episodes, along with five hours of bonus features such as rare, never-before-seen cast audition tapes from 2003, deleted scenes (two hours worth!), a gag reel, and more:
The Office: A Look Back — a retrospective with the cast as they share their memories of the show
Finale Table Read — the hilarious cast read-through for The Office series finale
Autotune Andy — an Autotune Music Video
Blu-Ray Exclusive — Behind-the-Scenes panel discussion
Oh, I’m going to miss all those good times when Jim pranks Dwight…but I can watch them over and over — and they never get old!