Pineapple Corer Slicer: Does it Work?

142 Flares Twitter 134 Facebook 5 Google+ 3 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 142 Flares ×

So. Does the Pineapple Corer Slicer work? Hmmm…let’s find out, shall we? I hate to admit it, but cutting a pineapple was one of my least favorite kitchen chores, period. Ever. Yes, I’m serious.

Pineapple Corer Slicer As Seen On TV

Yes, this is an “As Seen On TV” item. Which, while fun, sometimes gives you pause when it comes to the product’s functionality or results or, well, OK, quality. So, it sat on our table for a few weeks before we finally decided to take the plunge. I guess we were worried about being let down. That happens, from time to time, with “gadgets” that are supposed to save you time and energy, not to mention be fun and cool.

Pineapple Corer Slicer As Seen On TV

Here’s how the Pineapple Corer Slicer works, in action and all that:

(Relax, it’s not a ton of action…we’re getting old. I do get pretty excited, though, so you might want to keep your volume low. Yeah, I shriek a little, which goes to show how boring my life is — if I get this excited over a kitchen gadget working. Don’t judge me!)

So, what do you think? Not too shabby, right? We were pretty impressed (we’re easily impressed, in spite of my snarky attitude, which can be somewhat confusing, I know) with the Pineapple Corer Slicer and consider it a keeper — definitely one of the better “As Seen On TV” products.

You can snag your own Pineapple Corer Slicer on Amazon – and the price fluctuates all the time, so right now it’s about $5 (I paid $8 about two months ago) but the shipping is free, which is a nice perk.

I was not financially compensated for writing this post. I purchased this item all by myself, while lying in bed fighting insomnia, and then decided, “What the heck? Why not take a video of us (Editor’s note: When I say “us,” I hardly ever mean us as in both of us. I mean someone else doing something while I stand by and record it for posterity.) testing this sucker out. However, this post does contain an affiliate link.

Comments

1. Donna Cheatle says

You talked me right into buying one!! I buy fresh pineapples all the time, and no, I’m not very fond of the cut up process. Can’t wait to give it a try! Thanks!

2. Sharon Siqueiros says

Yippee!!! it DOES work!! I’m so turned on cause I told my husband I wanted one and he just laughed and said I watch too much TV!
    Now you’ve got me sitting here thinking maybe we all need to get out more….I mean, we’re all so thrilled….
    Oh well, I don’t give a sh#t how pathetic I am, I’m gettin’ one and am going to enjoy my fresh pineapple while sittin’ around watching Duck Dynasty!!teeheehee
    ~smiles~

3. Robin Wilson says

WHAT it really works! You are hilarious! I just love it ~ the video what a real good one. One question. I AM getting older, I see that a man was actually using it. Do you think it is something that someone not quite as strong could handle this? I want to get one for my neighbor who absolutely loves fresh pineapple. Thanks m’dear.

I purchased a cheap pineapple slicer at Target. It has not become one of my most used gadgets. I never purchased pineapple before because it was so hard to cut it…but now I purchase them all the time!

5. Jenna Wood says

We don’t eat pineapple often, because of all the footwork in serving it…This would be a great incentive to eat more pineapple this summer!

I was JUST reading about these gadgets on a Disney board I follow. How funny!! I purchased a pineapple corer from Pampered Chef months ago; have no idea where it is. I just buy the pre-cored ones. This would be fun for summer drinks and fruit salads though, because I could repurpose the pineapple!! Thanks for the cool video.
    Dede recently posted..On My Bookshelf: I Call Shotgun by Tommy Newberry (plus some freebie Nook and Kindle downloads)My Profile
    Twitter: