You know it’s Oscar season, right? I mean, Oscar talk — predictions, interviews, party ideas, recipes, you name it — is everywhere. Like everywhere. Including my living room…where we got Red Carpet Ready with Wholly Guacamole and Daily’s Cocktails. Let’s not forget the Daily’s Cocktails. Seriously. They’re divine.
Unfortunately, everyone in my house tends to be a tad camera-shy, including my cat, who refused to mug for the camera. I’m not kidding — look:
Anywho, all shyness aside, we had a whole bunch of wonderful snacks from Wholly — a pleasant variety of guacamole and salsa that was so hard to choose from.
Yum! As you can see, we received Wholly Guacamole in Classic, Spicy, and Homestyle varieties, as well as Wholly Salsa in Classic Medium, Guacamole and Spicy Pico, and Red Pepper Mango. Wholly Guacamole is also available in Chunky Avocado, Organic, and Spicy. Other varieties of Wholly Salsa include Classic Mild, Classic Hot, Pineapple, Roasted Tomato, and Avocado Verde. Yum!
We had to make a decision on which flavors to snack on and went with the Classic Wholly Guacamole and the Classic Medium Wholly Salsa (I know, I know, we’re boring!). Add to that some Daily’s Cocktails Strawberry Daiquiri/Margarita Mix and we’ve got ourselves an Oscar party!
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find Daily’s Cocktails Frozen Pouches in my area, but that’s quite all right. We were quite pleased with the Daily’s Cocktails Strawberry Daiquiris. More than pleased, actually.
We were anxious to get “Red Carpet Ready,” as you can imagine, so once we laid out this little spread, we were ready to go!
Wait. One. Second. There’s something missing there…
Ah. There we go. Wholly Guacamole, Wholly Salsa, some chips to dip, and some Daily’s Cocktails — strawberry daiquiris, to be exact! Time to settle in for the movie, Flight, which isn’t up for a Best Picture Oscar although the movie’s star is nominated for a Best Actor Oscar…
I haven’t made any Oscar predictions this year, because I haven’t seen the movies or the performances…although I imagine that Denzel Washington winning the Oscar for his role is going to be tough, considering the competition (Daniel Day-Lewis for Lincoln and Hugh Jackman for Les Miserables? Eek!). Regardless, the movie is fantastic, the acting is superb (all the way around, including Don Cheadle and John Goodman), and Washington’s performance moves you. It’s so real and so brutally honest, that you wind up feeling emotionally drained by the time the credits start rolling. But I digress. (And, yes, I get the “irony” of having daiquiris while watching Flight. I totally do. And, it was purely unintentional.)
I am an avid fan of Wholly Guacamole and avocados in general. Do you know how good avocados are? I mean good good — not only do they taste divine, but they’re good for you, too!
- The avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable.
- Avocados contain more potassium than bananas as well as good fats that lower your cholesterol!
- An avocado tree produces up to 400 avocados each year.
- There are five avocados in every 16-ounce box; Wholly uses 4 million avocados every week!
- Wholly Guacamole is 100% natural and contains no preservatives.
Wholly Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 4 whole eggs in the shell
- 1/2 cup Wholly Guacamole dip
- 1 TBS chopped cilantro
- 1 TBS minced green onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or optional
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)…or however much you like, of course
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce…or however much you like, obviously
- 1 tsp. Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, and peel. Slice eggs in half, and remove yolks to a mixing bowl.
- In the bowl with the yolks, combine the Wholly Guacamole dip, cilantro and green onion. Season with salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Mix well, and fill empty egg halves. Chill until serving.
- Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
There are a whole lot of different Wholly Guacamole recipes you can try out, in addition to this yummy one! And, if you plan on getting “Red Carpet Ready” for the Oscars on February 24, join us for a Twitter party and share the Oscar night fun! Just follow along with the hashtags #Oscars and #RedCarpetReady — share your movie night photos, dish on the Red Carpet fashion, and share your opinions on the winners and losers!
And, for some more good news…the folks at Wholly have offered one of my readers a “Red Carpet Ready” Prize Pack containing a variety of Wholly Guacamole and Wholly Salsa products, some promotional items from Wholly Guacamole and Daily’s, AND a $20 Walmart gift card! Woo hoo!
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents and ends February 28 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Just enter via the Rafflecopter form below! Enjoy!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was not compensated for writing this post. I was provided samples for review. My opinions are 100% honest and 100% mine.