My grandfather had heart disease. In fact, during a European vacation while he was in his 70s, he suffered a massive heart attack and underwent open heart surgery. This came as quite a shock, actually, because he had no idea that he had severe coronary artery disease. He did have high blood pressure, but his heart disease was a silent — and, in this case, almost deadly — predator. So when American Heart Month rolls around, it has a special meaning for me.
Welch’s 100% Grape Juice is helping celebrate American Heart Month in a variety of wonderfully heart-healthy ways. For starters, they’re offering visitors a coupon for Welch’s 100% Grape Juice. While you’re there, why not check out their quiz, family activities, their downloadable heart-healthy shopping list…and a sweepstakes for an X-Box 360 with Kinect Prize Pack! Woo hoo!
Before we get to the excitement, let me tell you why Welch’s 100% Grape Juice is so important and so amazing:
- Welch’s 100% Grape Juice is made with Concord grapes picked at their peak and grown in North America by family farmers!
- Welch’s Concord grapes are pressed into juice within 8 hours of harvesting, in an effort to capture their perfect ripeness!
- It is made with real fruit.
- It contains NO added sugar.
- Each 4-ounce glass is made with more than 20 whole Concord grapes.
- Most important, each 4-ounce glass counts as a full serving (half-cup) of fruit!
- More than 10 years of research shows that Welch’s 100% Grape Juice can help support a healthy heart! Yay!
You wouldn’t believe what you can do with Welch’s 100% Grape Juice — other than drink it, of course! For instance, how about this delicious and good-for-you…
Grape-Banana Smoothie with Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
(Contributed by Cabot Creamery Cooperative)
- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup Cabot Vanilla lowfat Greek-Style yogurt
- 1 cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
- small pinch of ground cinnamon
- Place grapes and banana slices in the freezer until firmly frozen.
- Combine frozen fruits, yogurt, grape juice, and cinnamon in blender and blend until combined and smooth. Divide between two large glasses.
The fine folks at Welch’s have offered one of my readers a great giveaway — a year’s supply of Welch’s 100% Grape Juice (26 free product coupons for 64-ounce bottles of grape juice)! Sweet!
Heres the simple deets: This giveaway is open to U.S. residents and ends February 26 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Just enter via the Rafflecopter form below! (FYI: You can check out the official rules here.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was not compensated for writing this post. Welch’s provided product samples for review. My opinions are 100% honest and 100% mine.