I want a Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun!

293 Flares Twitter 210 Facebook 62 Google+ 9 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 12 293 Flares ×

Ah. The Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun.

"Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun"

There it is, among the Daisy Outdoor Products — the good old Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun.

There’s something just so magical and so nostalgic about it. It’s special. It’s more than just a part of pop culture. Of course, it is a big part of pop culture. We all know A Christmas Story. In fact, we know it quite well…the little brother bundled up so heavily that he can’t put his arms down, the tongue sticking to the frozen flagpole, the “major award” (the infamous leg lamp), “f-u-u-u-d-g-e,” and, of course, “You’ll shoot your eye out!”

More than all that, the Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun is a rite of passage. If you recall (as I do, fondly) from A Christmas Story, the moment that Ralphie finally receives the coveted BB gun is a tender moment between him and his father. It gets me every time. I remember when I gave my oldest son his Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun. He was 11. He was definitely excited but I think it meant even more to me, on an emotional level.

Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun BBs

You can find all sorts of handy accessories at the Daisy display — targets, safety glasses, and BBs, among others. I grabbed a container of BBs, of course, because, well you need BBs when you get a brand spanking new Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun!

We spend Christmas Eve with my in-laws each year and it goes without saying that as soon as the Christmas Story 24-hour marathon begins, the TVs are set to that channel. This year, it’s going to be so exciting to watch A Christmas Story and watch our nephew (who’s 10) open his Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun! The anticipation is already killing me! While holiday gifting for children can sometimes be difficult, this year is going to be a slam-dunk!

Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun

However, it’s important that you (and the recipient of this amazing gift!) learn about gun safety when it comes to Outdoor Family Activities involving Daisy. Remember, the Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun is not a toy; it’s an airgun. The Daisy BB Gun is recommended for children age 10 and up. Some of Daisy’s gun safety rules include:

• Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction — never in the direction of a person!
  • Treat every gun as though it were loaded.
  • Check your target, around your target, and beyond your target.
  • Guns not in use should be unloaded at all times.
  • Respect people’s property!

"BB Gun"

Be sure to read up on the rest of the Daisy Gun Safety Rules and, while you’re there, you might want to check out the Shooting Safety Quiz.

You can check out my whole shopping trip by browsing my Google + album.

You can keep up with Daisy on Facebook and follow Daisy on Twitter.

I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Daisy. My opinions are 100% honest and 100% mine. #CBias #SocialFabric

Comments

Your nephew is going to have an awesome Christmas this year thanks to you! Great gift idea. I personally want the Pink Carbine Model 1998 for Christmas this year!

2. Tiffany Overton says

I would love to have this for my son. I can only imagine how excited he would be if he opened this on Christmas morning!!

I want to win this so much for my grandson’s Christmas present. It reminds me of the Red Ryder we gave my son when he was just a few years younger. I also like the Red Ryder Model 1938 and the pink ones are so cute for the girls too.

Thanks so much for a wonder giveaway.
    Hugs… Tracy@CottonPickinCute

4. David Harlow says

I would give this to my daughter. She loves setting up targets in the backyard and shooting her airsoft rifle at it. We have a really good time laughing, shooting and cutting up.

5. Darrell R says

Greatest Christmas movie EVER! “You’ll shoot your eye out.” I’ve already gotten out the DVD getting ready for the holidays. I’ve always wanted a Red Ryder.

6. Cassandra M says

Daisy’s PowerLine Model 693 CO2 powered BB pistol combines great styling with state-of-the-art performance. The 693 is a 15-shot semi-automatic BB pistol with a nickel-tone finish that makes it one of the most attractive pistols on the market. Just load the 15-shot clip, drop it in and you’re ready for semi-automatic pistol shooting fun. This 5693 kit provides everything you need for backyard shooting fun including targets, shooting glasses, tube of Daisy PrecisionMax® 350 ct. BBs and 3 twelve-gram CO2 cylinders. Daisy’s PowerLine Model 5693 pistol kit is appropriate for adults and those ages 16 and older with adult supervision.

7. Jason P says

I like the AVANTI Model 853CM
    I used to have the powerline 880 when it had a metal pump, my brother has the same one but newer with a plastic pump..

8. Chrissy McPherson says

I’d have to stick with the original Red Ryder BB gun even though the P51 Slingshot looks really nice. My son is perfect age for this & a Christmas Story is our favorite movie :)

9. Michelle C says

I want the 1938 Fun Kit for my 11 year-old son :) If I could get two I would get a pink one for my 12 year-old daughter.

10. Becky S. says

We got out 13-year old a Red Ryder bb gun for Christmas last year! But I’ve always wanted to try their sling shots!

beckytag618 at gmail dot com