I’d like a #CleverDoOver moment! #spon

25 Flares Twitter 21 Facebook 0 Google+ 4 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 25 Flares ×

We all have those “do-over” moments, do we not?

In fact, I have so many, that it’s hard to pick just one. For instance, there’s this stellar moment in my life (for the record, I was only 19), when I got a spur-of-the-moment tattoo with someone’s name. Yeah, yeah, I know.

"Rose Tattoo Coverup"

So, let me tell you this stupid, embarrassing story. I got a tattoo of the name (just the name) of a guy who I had been “dating” (if you can call it that) for about a week. I got it — now this is the fun part — on the inner part of my calf (not my ankle, like one would typically choose), so there’s no hiding it unless I’m wearing pants. Argh. I blame this mistake on a) being 19 and b) being intoxicated at the time. Not a good combination — not to mention, not good life choices.

About a year after making this initial mistake — we’re talking 20 or so years ago now — I had it covered it with your standard, old school red rose. Then, about five or six years ago, I had to have it re-done, because it was all old and faded and basically looked hideous. So this is what I have. I don’t hate it, per se, but I’m three tattoos deep just because I made one stupid decision when I was 19 and not using the best judgment.

If I could get a do-over, not sitting own for that original tattoo would definitely be on the list. But, unfortunately, we don’t generally get do-overs in real life.

With Frigidaire, you don’t need them.

The Frigidaire Gallery™ Dishwasher gets dishes fully cleaned the first time, so there are no dish do-overs. Nearly half of adults admit to re-washing and/or re-drying dishes after the dishwasher cycle has been completed. To prevent dishwasher do-overs, Frigidaire® is stepping in with its new Gallery® Dishwasher featuring the OrbitCleanTM Wash Arm, ensuring dishes are cleaned right the first time.

What about you? Do you have any do-over moments?

I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All the opinions expressed here are my own.

Comments

1. Teresha says

I was offered the chance to deliver a commencement speech at my hs graduation but turned it down because public speaking anxiety. I wish I could do it over and make that speech

I turned down a director position at Ohio State University in their sports medicine department to take a position with an ob/gyn group. What the heck was I thinking??!!

I was offered the chance to sing at the Olympics in Utah during my senior year of High School..but I turned it down because it was on my birthday and I wanted to spend my birthday with my (at the time) boyfriend! …I know the meaning of mistakes at 19 and I will never again get a chance like that!

What is the purple stuff coming off the rose supposed to be?

I turned down a full scholarship, room and board, books, everything to my number 2 college because of strict dorm and dating rules. I ended up transferring out of my Number 1 school after freshman year because I hated it and went to my Number 3 choice where I had to pay full tuition with tons of loans and commute two hours each way from home every day. Still paying those loans six years later and hate it.

Sophie…it’s just freehand decorative “stuff.” I don’t even know. So, you understand why this is a total do-over. LOL.

At least you have a college education…that’s one way of looking at it! But, yeah, it’s a real kick in the pants when you’re writing those checks.

I had a full ride to Drexel University in Philadelphia (one of the better schools) at 18. I chose to “take a break” and fell into a life of partying and school quickly fell out of the picture. I didn’t go to college until 30, and had upwards of $90K in loans. Ugh. Another do-over.
      Kristin recently posted..Kindle Fire EventMy Profile

Ouch that is a painful reminder of not making rash decisions while intoxicated. At least no one got seriously hurt or worse and this is just a silly mistake that you can fix or get rid of if you want. Do-over yes. Teaching mistake yes. Life lesson yes.