Clip my nails? Don’t mind if I do!

57 Flares Twitter 28 Facebook 2 Google+ 4 StumbleUpon 22 Pin It Share 1 57 Flares ×

"Man Clipping His Nails"

I was treated to this display at one of my many doctor’s appointments recently. This raises multiple issues:

1. I was unaware that nail clippers were one of those items that people routinely carry around.

2. I generally read or check e-mail on my Blackberry when I’m waiting in a doctor’s office…those seem like acceptable time-killers. Nail-clipping? Not so much.

3. At one point, I thought to myself, “I surely hope those disgusting, filthy nails aren’t flying all over the office.” Luckily, he was thoughtful enough to use a magazine to collect those vile clippings, which brings me to the next issue…

4. Keep your hands off the magazines in the doctor’s office. Who knows what germs, bacteria, and contagion they carry? I mean, this magazine carries the remnants of this man’s delicious fingernails…but the ones on the table next to me could carry the flu, MRSA, or the bubonic plague.

**I must confess, the mere sound of nail-clipping makes me gag. So, I was probably a little over-sensitive to this public display of grooming. But maybe next time I should use my time more wisely and pluck my eyebrows.

Comments

I\’ll admit I\’m not as grossed out as you are – my dad carries a nail clip on his keyring, so no doubt he\’s done this. Still, I wish people would keep their personal grooming in the privacy of their home, office or at the very least their car.

I SO AGREE WITH THIS:

NOISES DRIVE ME CRAZAY! And the high pierced snip of a nail clipper is the WORST!

3. Jacqui Odell says

That is very yuck! Good point about the magazines. I however am usually on the phone checking my email!

4. Elizabeth Towns says

Ugggghhhh…accccacckkk…cucuckk…that is me gagging every time I scroll up to that picture. I could not imagine what that person may have done in a days time with their hands before clipping them, and what if one of those nails flew across the waiting room and hit some unsuspecting blogger in the eye, thereby infecting them with pinkeye? It would be all over the blogosphere in no time flat. A recepta-nurse should have come out and told him politely that there are is a no hygiene performing activities in the waiting room policy and that it strictly enforced. All of the magazines now have to be burned and he will be billed for them. WTH? Who does that?

OMG I am senstive to that sound too- HATE it lol but that is wrong that they were doing that in the doctors waiting room. C’mon people.. there is a time and place for this kind of stuff- and it is not while in a public waiting room LOL

Umm yuck! Just the thought kind of grosses me out. Especially depositing his collection in the magazine. I think older people do carry nail clippers around or at least I remember once being with granparents and soemthign happening to my nail and right then and there in the car a nail clipper was pulled out and the situation taken care of. Good luck with the eye brow tweezing at your next appointment that you have to be wait to be seen.

I rarely do any grooming in public outside of redoing my ponytail or lipstick… good grief!I have plucked my eyebrows in a public bathroom though, when going to an audition!xoxopaula

I’m gagging just at the thought! GROSS!! I’ll admit to carrying a clipper in my purse, but my nails sometimes break in odd places that hurt if not taken care of right away, so I’ll clip the one that broke unless I want a bigger and more painful mess if I leave it alone, but I would go to the bathroom to use the clipper in a stall. This dude? EW.